- you want to improve your workplace for your LGBT+ colleagues,
- you are an employee resource group / affinity group member or have been thinking of starting one in your company,
- you want to get better in spreading awareness and giving yourself and your LGBT+ colleagues a voice,
…then Become Stronger is the program for you!
Become Stronger is a new learning and networking program for LGBT+ champions. The program provides a safe space for social connection, sharing, empowerment, and personal and professional growth. It is ideal for ERG and affinity group members and / or anyone who is an aspiring community leader.
IN FOUR SESSIONS CENTERED AROUND ENGAGEMENT, ACTIVISM, AND COMING OUT, YOU WILL:
- have a safe space to think through diversity and inclusion issues in your workplace
- bond with people with similar experiences
- meet inspiring peers and learn from each other
- share tips on being out with pride
- learn how to resist microaggressions and queer-negative attitudes
- find your way into activism and active public engagement
- master raising your voice effectively
- boost your self-confidence
- become a stronger LGBT+ champion/ ally in and out of the workplace
THE PROFESSIONAL SKILLS YOU WILL DEVELOP INCLUDE:
- stakeholder management
- authentic leadership skills
- diversity & inclusion management
- negotiation skills
The program will be led by Aleš Rumpel, training manager for Pride Business Forum and Prague Pride.
Aleš is a trained facilitator and experienced educator who has designed and delivered workshops to over 2000 professionals in international companies in the CEE region (including IKEA, MSD, Commerzbank, and ŠKODA AUTO) on unconscious bias, microaggressions, and recognizing offensive behavior. He has trained Czech school counselors and led emancipation workshops for young LGBT+ adults. His passion is creating fun and safe spaces where people can grow.
- Who is Become Stronger for?
It is ideal for LGBT+ professionals. If you are unsure if it is for you, talk to us!
- Where will it take place?
Become Stronger will take place over four sessions, each 3 hours long, in the LGBT+ community center (Železná 18) and other venues.
- When will it take place?
The dates are March 22, April 5, April 26, May 24; each session starts at 4:30 PM.
- How much will it cost?
The cost is 9000 Kč, or free for one person per Pride Business Forum Premium Member.
- What do I need to do to apply?
Fill in the application form below! The deadline to apply is February 14. We will get back to you shortly.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask the facilitator Aleš Rumpel at [email protected].
THIS EVENT IS ENGLISH ONLY
By registering for this event, you are giving consent to be photographed. The photos will be used to promote Pride Business Forum activities. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let us know.